Alison on Transparency in Government
Transparency and Accountability at the State House
As your State Representative I will commit to standing for roll call & voting in favor of the following changes to the House & Joint rules. These rules are set at the beginning of each legislative session. These include but are not limited to:
1. Make all committee votes public, including votes to send bills to study.
2. Publish all House & Joint committee votes on the website (as the Senate does).
3. Make public who submitted testimony to the committee.
4. Make all testimony submitted to the committee be publicly available.
5. All committee polls must stay open 2 hours (within business hours).
6. Give Legislators time to review amendments.
7. Lower the threshold required for a roll call vote.
Massachusetts needs transparency!
Right now, bills die in committee & we don’t know why! It is vital that committee votes be public. Sign to get transparency on the ballot this November, let’s hold our elected officials accountable. www.MAClimateDemocracy.org